Friday 27 September 2013

10 Amazing Things About Being Human

1.
Imagination

by Margaret Ann Lembo

I am so grateful we have the ability to daydream. The most incredible scenarios can be played out in our minds - and I know of more than a few people who enjoy imagining what they would do if they won the lottery or something life changing.

We create and change our world with positive and negative thoughts. Make them really good ones. Always remember to use the imagination for good not evil - negative thoughts can be as powerful as positive ones.



2.
Smiling

Smiling is the easiest way of communicating to another person that you are a positive creature. Have you ever walked by someone on the street that you didn't know and voila - you actually see their mouth tighten, squish together - and then a frown forms. 

Eyebrows drop - a clear indicator that a conversation or eye contact is not going to be welcomed in this scenario.

I love the 'smile experiment.' You simply smile at strangers and see what happens. I have had one woman laughing after my daughter and I decided to peek around the corners of aisles (and smiling) in stores wearing Halloween gear. A smile also makes people feel good - and that's all the reason we need.

3.
Love

If you know true, absolute and unconditional love - 
that's all I need to say.

It is a love that allows you to relax and know your true self. 

The best relationship you can have is the one where you know yourself.

4.
The Epiphany


 Definition: 
Any situation in which an enlightening or realization allows a problem or situation to be understood from a new and different perspective.



Life lessons in realization mode - epiphanies - whatever we call them, they are the slap in the soul we all need. These are the things that change us - hopefully for the better - and keep us moving forward.

5.
Vocal Cords

Some of you will be in agreement - and some of you will not.
Who knew that the ability for phonation would result in so many migraines, huh?

Men and women have different vocal fold sizes. Adult male voices are usually lower pitched and have larger folds. The male vocal folds are between 1.75 cm and 2.5 cm (approx 0.75" to 1.0") in length.[2]
The female vocal folds are between 1.25 cm and 1.75 cm (approx 0.5" to 0.75") in length.
Folds are pearly white in color - more white in women than in men.[citation needed]
The difference in vocal fold size between men and women causes a difference in vocal pitch. Additionally, genetic factors cause variations between members of the same sex, with men's and women's voices being categorized into voice types.
(Thanks, Wikipedia!)

6. 
Sex

When you get it right, you really get it right if you know what I'm sayin'.......keep in mind this list is in no particular order. 

Interesting fact: Did you know that the orgasm is also referred to by the French as 'Le petite mort?' 

It means 'the little death - after the feeling of transcendence and complete bliss felt immediately after orgasm. 

Also to note; 'le petite mort' is not only specifically used to refer to the orgasm.

I didn't just toss sex onto the list for fun (no matter how fun it can be) - there are so many health benefits to sex! Here are just a few:

*lowers stress and blood pressure
*strengthens our immunity (I kid you not)
*improves heart health
*boosts self esteem
*oxytocin released - we feel better
*we sleep better

Those are only the scientific reasons to have sex. ;)

7.
Babies

Yep - as soon as you mention sex (and how amazing it is) someone will throw in that sex is so we can have babies.

 Agreed - but those of us that choose not to have babies our entire lives still would like to have sex. It's allowed.

It is also so we can have fun and stay healthy as I mentioned before. Did you miss the above list in the 'sex' category? It is fun too.....but so are babies.

8.
Sleep

I find it so intriguing that every night, I lie down on a soft (and horizontal) surface and my brain fades into an unconscious state for hours - unless I have to pee of course. In that time, I can recall nothing that is going on around me - and for protection I have equipped myself with a square piece of cloth to keep my body temperature cosy while I recharge my system. I will wake up feeling much better.

It's so 'out there' when you think of it that way - but it is just that.


Of course, if you are complaining that you are not getting enough sleep - I'm going to assume that you are involved with too much of #6 - in which case I do not feel badly for you - or that you have now come home with a #7 - to which I say 'Congratulations - and it is a new way of living that you will grow familiar with.'

9.
Compassion


endlessloveandlight.com

10.
Opposable Thumbs

Yes, actually - I thought it was hilarious.

Rock your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment