Tuesday 8 October 2013

When I Feel Like S***

Everyone has days when they feel like sh......y'know.

Shit. There. I said it and it's out there.

We all have those days.

If I am around my family, I may get frustrated, but the last thing I would ever want to do is make them feel like they are less than important in my life. They are the ones that weather each storm with me, why would I want to create one so that we would have to weather it together?

If I'm in a mood or feeling low on a particular day, I turn my negativity into positivity through a variety of easy to use methods that you don't have to order off of the television of ask for a co-signer to buy!

These step by step instructions make it easy to follow the same mood changing methods that have been successful for me.

#1: Turn on the tunes you love - the ones that get you pumped up - and stop thinking about being in a crappy mood. It is keeping you in a crappy mood. I'm guessing about 6 songs in and you'll either be shaking your assets and smiling. Distractions work great!

For some reason, sh***y moods and negative comments about said sh***y moods are becoming cool, popular and great reasons to grab a triple espresso swirly latte combo-mambo every morning. I don't get it......

#2: Hug someone and stop acting like you are the only one who is living a life. We all need hugs - but we don't need to slather our Facebook profiles with cryptic messages for attention. If you need to - HUG SOMEONE! It dissipates negative energy and replaces it with that feel good feeling we need. That's right - we need it.

#3: Do something nice for someone because you can. Surprises are always fun too. It changes a mood, offers us a glimpse into the unpredictable (which we all could use more of!) and slides some fun to life!

#4: Spend time with your children. When we can let the day go and really enjoy spending time with our kids - really being in that moment with them - those moments change moods for the better. It usally comes with a hug too - so the mood changing benefits are numerous!

#5: Stepping away from the scene. That's all it takes sometimes. Change the scenery and move away for a few minutes. All we often need is a breath of fresh air and a reminder of the goal.

#6: Aromatherapy. Smells work great for changing moods! Remember the last time you smelled wet dog or burning macaroni??  The same holds true for mood improvement.

#7: Sex. Nuff said.

#8: Sleep. Perfect for after #7! Sleep regenerates and resets our systems. A short nap works wonders sometimes.

#9: Vitamin D and sunshine. Instant mood improver!

Our moods are manifestations of thoughts and experiences. We can control them, we can change them and we can carry on without doing too much damage to the world around us.

We can't always get what we want. The Rolling Stones were right......but if we try sometimes, we get what we need.



No comments:

Post a Comment